Sunday, January 8, 2012

Still Examining While Engaging a Little of the WooHoo


Happy New Year !  I started a new blog.  I'm maintaining this one as well.  After all, I'm a work in progress.   As Socrates said, “The unexamined life is not worth living.”  I am inclined to agree with him.  I wrote my own obituary one time.  It was an exercise suggested to me by an outstanding therapist, friend, and human being.  I was blessed to know him.  In my obit, I wrote, “She entered the world an old soul, eyes wide open; inquisitively searching for the meaning of this life from the instant she took her first breath.”  That’s true.  My curiosity and mind are rarely idle.
I forgot though, I also added to my greatly embellished obituary, the following description of this old soul, “It has been said, when she was quite small, she was a true free spirit, willing to try anything once (the very first in her kindergarten class to climb to the top of the monkey bars.  She was unafraid of the price, and always sought adventure.” 
So, it’s time in 2012 to practice the art of the woohoo.  Once a week, the end of the week, we’ll see what shakes out.  I know its a great exercise in mindfulness, paying attention to those moments, big and small.  It’s also a great exercise in abundance.  How much do we take for granted, mostly unwittingly?  I have no expectations and no plans to contrive my idea of a woohoo.  There will be no orchestration, control, or woohoo by design.   My plan is to simply be awake to the delights, be spontaneous, and take a few risks, if that’s called for.  There is a beautiful world of abundance just waiting for me to tap into it.  I think I will. 
You will find my first woohoo for the New Year at the link below.

I hope this exercise of mine sparks something in you as well.  Pay attention, be open, be real, seize the moment, live, laugh, love.  All together now..................
WooHoo!  

1 comment: